By Erin English
Formats and Prices
- ebook (Revised) $15.99 $20.99 CAD
- Trade Paperback (Revised) $21.99 $27.99 CAD
- Flexible Itineraries: Unique and adventure-packed ideas ranging from one day in the park to a week-long trip, with tips for family fun, winter adventures, and visiting all the glaciers
- The Best Hikes in Rocky: Detailed trail descriptions with mileage, elevation gains, individual trail maps, and backpacking options
- Experience the Outdoors: Hike the dramatic glacier-formed gorges to find jaw-dropping waterfalls and spot elk, moose, and bighorn sheep along the way. Snowshoe to a ghost town in the winter, hit the trail in autumn for stunning fall color, or catch the annual Perseid meteor shower in August. Take an adventurous bike tour, try your hand at rock climbing or fishing, and set up camp for a night under the stars (and a spectacular sunrise, too!)
- How to Get There: Up-to-date information on gateway towns, park entrances, park fees, and tours
- Where to Stay: From campgrounds to B&Bs to the iconic Stanley Hotel, find the best spots to kick back, both inside and outside the park
- Planning Tips: When to go, what to pack, safety information, and how to avoid the crowds, with full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expertise and Know-How from seasoned explorer and Rocky Mountain expert Erin English
Visiting more of North America's national parks? Try Moon Zion & Bryce or Moon Yellowstone & Grand Teton. Trying to hit them all? Check out Moon USA National Parks.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
- On Sale
- Dec 19, 2023
- Page Count
- 352 pages
- Moon Travel