Formats and Prices
For fans of A Good Girl's Guide to Murder and Veronica Mars, this whip-smart thriller follows a sapphic detective agency as they seek the truth behind a growing trail of missing girls in small-town Louisiana.
A year ago, beloved cheerleader Stella Blackthorn vanished without a trace. Devastated, her younger sister, Iris, launched her own investigation, but all she managed to do was scare off the police’s only lead and earn a stern warning: Once she turns eighteen, more meddling means prison-level consequences.
Then, a year later, the unthinkable happens. Iris’s ex-girlfriend, Heather, goes missing, too—just after dropping the polarizing last episode of her true crime podcast all about Iris’s sister. This time, nothing will stop Iris and her amateur sleuthing agency from solving these disappearances.
But with a suspicious detective watching her every move, an enemy-turned-friend-turned-maybe-more to contend with, and only thirty days until she turns eighteen, it’s a race against the clock for Iris to solve the most dangerous case of her life.
- "Heart-pounding and riddled with twists and turns, Wlosok's debut is a thrill-ride I hoped would never end. HOW TO FIND A MISSING GIRL is refreshingly snappy, quick, and all-consuming. I couldn't put it down."—Courtney Gould, award-winning author of The Dead and the Dark and Where Echoes Die
- "The voice that this generation’s mystery readers have been waiting for. How to Find a Missing Girl is edge-of-your-seat compelling from beginning to end. Victoria Wlosok promises teenage sapphic detectives and delivers on every beat."—Chloe Gong, #1 New York Times bestselling author of These Violent Delights
- “Full of captivating clues, fully fleshed-out characters, and reveals that literally made me gasp, How to Find a Missing Girl reads exactly like your favorite true-crime podcast. A nonstop, edge-of-your-seat thrill ride!”—Jason June, New York Times bestselling author of Out of the Blue
- “Fans of Good Girls Guide to Murder, rejoice: You are about to have a new favorite book….An absolute must-read.”—Liz Lawson, New York Times bestselling author of The Agathas, The Night in Question, and The Lucky Ones
- “Suspenseful and atmospheric, one of those immersive books where the setting is a character. Readers will find themselves hooked on the mystery and thrilled by its conclusion!”—Wendy Heard, author of We’ll Never Tell and Dead End Girls
"Along with lots of action and suspense, the portrayal of managing realistic emotional trauma brings introspective depth that will have readers thinking as they devour pages to get to the exhilarating conclusion... A suspenseful, emotionally charged mystery that hits the mark."—Kirkus
- An introspective and high-stakes thrill ride.—Publishers Weekly
- On Sale
- Sep 19, 2023
- Page Count
- 400 pages
- Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
About the Author
When not researching methods of murder, Victoria Wlosok is a full-time student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill who drinks way too many cups of coffee. How to Find A Missing Girl is her debut novel.