Formats and Prices
Abigail Rook never intended to be the mortal bridge between the human and supernatural world. But now, the power of the Sight–and all the chaos that comes with seeing the essential truth of everything, every human, fairy, werewolf, enchanted slip of paper, and municipal building, at all times–is hers alone. With this overwhelming new gift, she should be able to solve crimes and help New Fiddleham, New England find calm in its supernatural chaos.
The only problem? She has no idea what she’s doing.
And New Fiddleham isn't waiting for Abigail to be ready. Local witches and other magical beings are going missing, as tensions between human and supernatural residents curdle into a hatred that could tear the city apart. Abigail's fiance, Charlie, works alongside her to unravel the magical disappearances, but as a shapeshifter, he's under threat as well. Then Abigail's parents appear, ready to take her back to England and marry her off to someone she's never met. Abigail has no choice but to follow her Sight, her instincts, and any clues she can find to track a culprit who is trying destroy everything she holds dear.
- "Expertly blends witty banter, sympathetic, struggling characters, descriptive worldbuilding, and sometimes-gory supernatural crimes with all-too-believable motives. Quick-moving action and creative supernatural elements will hold readers’ attention…. Lively supernatural investigations with humor and heart."—Kirkus Reviews
- "Well done, and will help new readers find this series in all its amazingness."—YABC
- "A fun, supernatural and historical mystery."—Youth Services Book Review
- Praise for the Jackaby Series:
- "We honestly couldn't put it down."—Nerdist.com
- "Fast-paced and full of intrigue."—EW.com
- “Sherlock Holmes crossed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” —Chicago Tribune
- “With tension as taut as a high wire, this series blends laugh-out-loud humor and ghastly horror with supernatural skill . . . Perfect for fans of Harry Potter, Grimm and Sherlock Holmes.”—Justine Magazine
- On Sale
- Aug 22, 2023
- Page Count
- 368 pages
- Algonquin Young Readers