By Sarah Souli
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback (Revised) $24.99 $30.99 CAD
- ebook (Revised) $16.99 $21.99 CAD
- Choose the right islands for you, with strategic itineraries for different timelines, budgets, and activities, whether you want to lounge on the best beaches, linger in ancient villages, explore the outdoors, or island-hop for a little taste of everything
- Focused coverage of Athens and 18 Greek islands, including Santorini, Mykonos, Karpathos, Corfu, Lefkada, and more
- Unique experiences and must-see highlights: Marvel at Oia's picturesque blue and white architecture or take a boat to the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis. Soak in therapeutic hot springs, hike through lush forests to waterfalls in Samothrace, or hop aboard a boat and discover hidden coves and wild beaches. Learn about local folklore in Olympos, explore Athens' contemporary galleries and ancient ruins, and savor authentic Greek cuisine, from roasted lamb and olives to dakos and fiery shots of ouzo
- Insight from Athens local Sarah Souli on how to experience Greece like an insider, support local businesses, and avoid over-tourism
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Background information on the landscape, history, and cultural customs of Greece and each individual island
- In-depth coverage of: Athens, Santorini, Mykonos, Folegandros, Milos, Naxos, Anafi, Karpathos, Rhodes, Kalymnos, Samothrace, Ikaria, Lesvos, Alonnisos, Skyros, Corfu, Zakynthos, Lefkada, and Crete
With Moon's practical tips and local know-how, you can experience the best of Athens and the Greek islands.
Exploring more of Europe? Check out Moon Prague, Vienna & Budapest or Moon Southern Italy.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
"Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."Chicago Tribune
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."Los Angeles Times
- On Sale
- Jan 10, 2023
- Page Count
- 560 pages
- Moon Travel