By Lisa Cho
Formats and Prices
- Trade Paperback (Revised) $19.99 $24.99 CAD
- ebook (Revised) $14.99 $19.99 CAD
- Strategic tour advice on which boats to take, how long to stay, and where to stop along the way
- The top activities and unique experiences: Snorkel past playful sea lions and gentle sea turtles or dive with hammerheads and whale sharks. Spot blue-footed boobies, albatross, and pelicans just as Darwin did when formulating the Theory of Evolution. Walk along sandy beaches where marine iguanas sun themselves on the rocks, or hike through forests of cacti and along otherworldly lava trails with ocean views
- Expert insight from Lisa Cho on how to experience the islands like an insider, visit sustainably, avoid crowds, and respectfully engage with the culture
- Background information on the history, landscape, and diverse wildlife of the archipelago, including how and where to see each animal while protecting their habitats
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- In-depth coverage of Santa Cruz, San Cristóbal, Isabela, Floreana, and the remote uninhabited islands of Santiago, Fernandina, Española, and Genovesa, plus the gateway cities of Quito and Guayaquil
Expanding your trip? Check out Moon Ecuador & the Galápagos Islands.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
- "Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."—Chicago Tribune
- “The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
- "Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, “The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey”
- "Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
- "Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
- "Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times
- On Sale
- Oct 17, 2023
- Page Count
- 264 pages
- Moon Travel